During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
What you will get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
"Got a more clear view on the SAFe Roles and elements; valuable insight on the organization and development of the PI Planning."
01 What you will learn
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Refine Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
Richard gained experience as a software engineer, software architect, scrum master, product owner, project manager, team leader and head of a solution center for enterprise software development. In recent years, his focus has shifted to consulting and training in methods such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), Kanban and Agile Requirements Engineering.
Underscored by the agile values and thinking, Robert has a pragmatic and undogmatic approach to improving software development – both the process itself and the product created. He coaches teams, is a sounding board for management, holds trainings, facilitates workshops and is creative and personable. He switches between the roles of consultant, coach and catalyst as the situation requires. Robert has introduced agility in many branches including telecommunications, banking, insurance, government and automotive.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certification
04 Intended Audience
Program or Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers, Business Analysts, Agile Coaches, SAFe Program Consultants, Development Managers, CTO´s Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Directors, Product Managers, Product Owners, Delivery Managers, Solution Train Engineers, Software Developers
Milena Krnjic, Training Coordination
Any unanswered questions? I am here to help!
We have 15 years experience in hosting, facilitating, designing trainings for agile practitioners and devs.Send me an email