SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineering (ASE)
Lern how to work effectively with distributed teams.Sign Up now
What skills do you need to deliver high-quality, software-centric solutions faster and more predictably? In the Agile Software Engineering course, you’ll learn how modern practices including XP, behavior-driven development (BDD), and test-driven development (TDD) enable continuous value flow and built-in quality.
This interactive, three-day course also gives you guidance and tools to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
What you will get
- Course materials
- Certified SAFe® Agile Software Engineer PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Agile Software Engineer digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the ASE Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
01 Attendees learn
- How to apply the test-first principle to align tests and requirements.
- How to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Practices such as abstraction, encapsulation, and SOLID that build quality into code and design.
- Foundational Lean, Agile, and DevOps principles and practices.
- How to use the test infrastructure for automated testing.
- How to design from context for testability.
02 Agile Software Engineering answers the questions
- How do I build a test-first, principle-based team environment and technical infrastructure?
- How do Agile teams use BDD to create a shared understanding?
- How do we build in quality throughout the Continuous Delivery Pipeline?
03 Exam & Certification Details
Exam prerequisite skills
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
The first step toward becoming an Certified SAFe® Agile Software Engineer is to attend the SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineering course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam.
Richard gained experience as a software engineer, software architect, scrum master, product owner, project manager, team leader and head of a solution center for enterprise software development. In recent years, his focus has shifted to consulting and training in methods such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), Kanban and Agile Requirements Engineering.
Underscored by the agile values and thinking, Robert has a pragmatic and undogmatic approach to improving software development – both the process itself and the product created. He coaches teams, is a sounding board for management, holds trainings, facilitates workshops and is creative and personable. He switches between the roles of consultant, coach and catalyst as the situation requires. Robert has introduced agility in many branches including telecommunications, banking, insurance, government and automotive.
Milena Krnjic, Training Coordination
Any questions? I’m here to help!
We have 15 years experience in hosting, facilitating, designing trainings for agile practitioners and devs.Send me an email