Our Certified Scrum Master Training introduces the concepts of Agile project leadership using the Scrum methodology. You will leave our training with a deep understanding the core values and principles of Scrum and Agile, the roles in Scrum, how to plan and run Sprint Planning meetings, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives, and more.
The course format consists of multiple lecture topics, group exercises, and group discussion. Ample time will be devoted to the analysis of the “real-world” industry experiences.
What you will get
- A complimentary copy of The Scrum Field Guide, Agile Advice for Your First Year and Beyond
- Testing and certification fees are covered in our training cost.
- Scrum Alliance Two-Year Membership
- You’ll get a hard copy of the course slides
- Free online consulting session with one of our Agile Coaches (optional).
"A very interesting intro-course into the world of Agile and Scrum Master role. Mitch is a great instructor, so I would highly recommend it for all the people new to the concept."
Senad Pita, Credit Portfolio Manager, RBI
01 What you will learn
- Foundations of Scrum and Agile – You will learn about the core of Agile and Scrum – principles and values – and how they guide and shape Scrum teams and agile organizations.
- Roles in Scrum – We will explore what it means to be a great Scrum Master, Product Owner and Developer on a Scrum team.
- User Stories – You will learn, and practice, what makes a good user story.
- Story Points & Estimation – You’ll learn what a story point is, plus we’ll look at two estimation methods, affinity estimation & planning poker.
- The Product Backlog – We will explore what comprises a good Product Backlog, techniques for managing it and what happens when it goes unattended.
- Sprinting – Dive deep into the components of a well assembled Sprint Backlog, what it really means to be done, abnormal terminations and how to decide on Sprint length.
- Release Planning – We will explore how to build a release plan and estimate when the work will be delivered.
- Scaling Scrum to the Enterprise – We will look at how companies have successfully scaled Scrum to work in the enterprise.
Mitch is an agile practitioner and trainer. Mitch has been managing projects for over fifteen years & is credited with many plan-driven & agile projects. He is the author of “The Scrum Field Guide”, a book targeting teams adopting Agile and Scrum practices.
TechTalk has a longstanding partnership with Mitch. Those who know us know that we have been working with Mitch as a trainer and conference speaker for over 10 years.
As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP®), Mitch shares his experience in project and client management through Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum courses, agile coaching engagements, conference presentations, blogs & white papers.
Participants gain hands-on practice through exercises including:
- How to plan and run Sprint Planning Meetings
- Daily Scrum Meetings
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint Retrospectives
- And more
The course format consists of multiple lecture topics, group exercises and group discussion. Ample time will be devoted to analysis of the “real-world” industry experiences of the Scrum Master Course instructor based on case study examples and experiences managing Agile projects and coaching Scrum teams.