Specification by example is the corner-stone of any successful testing and requirements strategy with agile and lean processes, such as Scrum, Extreme Programming and Kanban. This two day workshop teaches you how to apply specification by example to bridge the communication gap between stakeholders and implementation teams, build quality into software from the start, design, develop and deliver systems fit for purpose.
What you will get
- IMPACT MAPPING: Making a Big Impact with Software Products and Projects (Gojko’s Book)
- Fifty Quick Ideas to Improve Your USER STORIES (Gojko’s Book)
- Access to a mailing list for future questions
- Access to Gojko’s recommendations on books, articles and presentations
- Printed Handouts
- Note: Our courses are usually funded by the Public Employment Service (AMS). Simply inquire with your advisor, and we will be happy to provide you with an offer and all necessary information.
- Additionally, our training sessions can be accessed in compliance with the Bundesvergabegesetz (BVergG) through existing framework agreements.
"The best course I’ve attended in my career. I loved that the instructor challenged us to think for ourselves and did not give us the answers straight away."
Trond Svensen, SITS
02 What you will learn
Through facilitated exercises and discussion, you will learn:
- how to extend specifications with examples to create a single source of truth for testing and development
- how to avoid functional gaps and inconsistencies in specifications and tests
- how to run specification workshops to facilitate collaboration
- good practices for designing specifications with examples and acceptance tests for agile teams
- how to create a living documentation system to facilitate change and improve your process long-term
- how other teams, from small web startups to large distributed teams in investment banks, apply specification by example in their contexts
Gojko Adzic is a strategic software delivery consultant who works with ambitious teams to improve the quality of their software products and processes. He specialises in agile and lean quality improvement, in particular agile testing, specification by example and behaviour driven development.
TechTalk has a longstanding partnership with Gojko. We have been working with Gojko as a trainer and conference speaker over many years. He is also a guest speaker at our Agile Tour Vienna conference every year.
Gojko’s book Specification by Example was awarded the #2 spot on the top 100 agile books for 2012 and won the Jolt Award for the best book of 2012. In 2011, he was voted by peers as the most influential agile testing professional, and his blog won the UK agile award for the best online publication in 2010.
04 Target Audience
The workshop is aimed at testers, business analysts and developers and based on Gojko Adzic’s books Specification by Example and Bridging the Communication Gap.
05 Training introduction
Formular zur Registrierung
Milena Krnjic, Training Coordination
Any unanswered questions? I am here to help!
We have 15 years experience in hosting, facilitating, designing trainings for agile practitioners and devs.Send me an email