In this course attendees gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance. Participants also have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision.
Participants establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
What you will get
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
Well prepared presentation, good examples and useful videos.
01 Learning Goals
To perform the role of a Lean Portfolio Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
Richard gained experience as a software engineer, software architect, scrum master, product owner, project manager, team leader and head of a solution center for enterprise software development. In recent years, his focus has shifted to consulting and training in methods such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), Kanban and Agile Requirements Engineering.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
04 Topics Covered
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
05 Target audience
CEO´s, Program or Project Managers, Release Train Engineers, Business Owners, Solution Managers, Agile Coaches, SAFe Program Consultants, Portfolio Managers, CTO´s, Consultants, Directors, Product Managers, Program Managers, Enterprise Architects, RTE´s
06 Exam Details
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.