Our Certified Scrum Product Owner Training introduces the concepts of agile product management using the Scrum methodology. Our training will provide you the tools, techniques, and most importantly, the understanding needed to be an effective Scrum Product Owner inside of an agile organization.
You will learn multiple techniques for managing a product backlog, how to build a story map, tips and tricks for getting stakeholders and customers aligned, and more.
What you will get
- Certification fee is covered in our training cost
- Scrum Alliance Two-Year Membership
- You’ll get a hard copy of the course slides
- Free online consulting session with one of our Agile Coaches (optional)
"Mitch is a great motivator and experienced Scrum Expert, totally recommended!"
01 What you will learn
- Overview of Scrum – We will review the Scrum framework, expanding on all elements of the framework.
- The Product Backlog – We will explore what comprises a good Product Backlog, techniques for managing it, and what happens when it goes unattended.
- Stocking the Product Backlog – What elements make a good Product Backlog? We go deep with ways to build a great product backlog to ensure a successful project.
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog – We will look at steps that can be used to ensure a prioritized backlog.
- Product Owner Responsibilities & Traits – We will expand on what the role of the Product Owner is and elements of great Product Owners worldwide.
- Release Planning & Management – We explore estimation units and the various levels of planning used in agile projects.
Mitch is an agile practitioner and trainer. Mitch has been managing projects for over fifteen years & is credited with many plan-driven & agile projects. He is the author of “The Scrum Field Guide”, a book targeting teams adopting Agile and Scrum practices.
TechTalk has a longstanding partnership with Mitch. Those who know us know that we have been working with Mitch as a trainer and conference speaker for over 10 years.
As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP®), Mitch shares his experience in project and client management through Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum courses, agile coaching engagements, conference presentations, blogs & white papers.
03 How it works
- This course will provide you the tools, techniques and most importantly, the understanding needed to be an effective Scrum Product Owner.
- Students will learn tried & true methods for building, managing and prioritizing the Product Backlog and ways to build a product roadmap for release planning.
- Successful participants will be listed as Certified Scrum Product Owners on the Scrum Alliance website.