Our Live Online Certified Scrum Product Owner Training introduces the concepts of agile product management using the Scrum methodology. Our training will provide you the tools, techniques, and most importantly, the understanding needed to be an effective Scrum Product Owner inside of an agile organization. You will learn multiple techniques for managing a product backlog, how to build a story map, tips and tricks for getting stakeholders and customers aligned, and more. The course format consists of multiple lecture topics, group exercises, and group discussion. Ample time will be devoted to the analysis of the “real-world” industry experiences of the Scrum Master Course instructor based on case study examples and his experience managing Agile projects and coaching Scrum teams.
What you will get
- 12 months access to the monthly Scrum Alumni Lean Coffee (Ask Me Anything sessions) with Mitch.
- Scrum Alliance Two-Year Membership and certification fees are covered.
- Continued (lifetime) access to the online training materials. You can come back anytime for a quick refresher.
"Mitch made the class a lot of fun - I really enjoyed the breakout sessions and the video recordings were easy to digest. The way everything was presented made the material very easy to understand."
01 What you will learn
- Overview of Scrum – We will review the Scrum framework, expanding on all elements of the framework.
- The Product Backlog – We will explore what comprises a good Product Backlog, techniques for managing it, and what happens when it goes unattended.
- Stocking the Product Backlog – What elements make a good Product Backlog? We go deep with ways to build a great product backlog to ensure a successful project.
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog – We will look at steps that can be used to ensure a prioritized backlog.
- Product Owner Responsibilities & Traits – We will expand on what the role of the Product Owner is and elements of great Product Owners worldwide.
- Release Planning & Management – We explore estimation units and the various levels of planning used in agile projects.
Mitch is an agile practitioner and trainer. Mitch has been managing projects for over fifteen years & is credited with many plan-driven & agile projects. He is the author of “The Scrum Field Guide”, a book targeting teams adopting Agile and Scrum practices.
TechTalk has a longstanding partnership with Mitch. Those who know us know that we have been working with Mitch as a trainer and conference speaker for over 10 years.
As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP®), Mitch shares his experience in project and client management through Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum courses, agile coaching engagements, conference presentations, blogs & white papers.
03 How it works
The TechTalk Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Training provides you the best of our online Certified Scrum Master and Certified Product Owner classes in an interactive, engaging online format.
- The training classes are structured to maximize learning while offering time for deeper issues that are often overlooked in other training options.
- Live and engaging discussions and team exercises utilizing Zoom, Mural and Mentimeter.
- About three hours of recorded video to watch before the course, allowing for intactive and engaging live sessions, free of put-you-to-sleep lecture.
- Concise, three-to-seven question quizzes after each video module to help you retain what you’ve learned
- After attending the course you’ll get an electronic copy of the course slides, plus the outputs of all exercises, allowing you to refer to expanded learning materials for years to come.
04 TRAINING INTRODUCTION
Milena Krnjic, Training Coordination
Any unanswered questions? I am here to help!
We have 15 years experience in hosting, facilitating, designing trainings for agile practitioners and devs.Send me an email