Our Certified Scrum Master Training introduces the concepts of Agile project leadership using the Scrum methodology. You will leave our training with a deep understanding the core values and principles of Scrum and Agile, the roles in Scrum, how to plan and run Sprint Planning meetings, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives, and more. The course format consists of multiple lecture topics, group exercises, and group discussion. Ample time will be devoted to the analysis of the “real-world” industry experiences.
What you will get
- 12 months access to the Monthly Scrum Alumni Lean Coffee (Ask Me Anything sessions) with Mitch.
- Scrum Alliance Two-Year Membership and certification fees are covered.
- Continued (lifetime) access to the online training materials. You can come back anytime for a refresher.
- A complimentary copy of The Scrum Field Guide, Agile Advice for Your First Year and Beyond
"This course was fun, engaging, and packed with useful information and tools. The interactive learning mixed with the course modules was a perfect blend for the material. The instructor was knowledgeable, funny, and extremely well prepared to handle all questions that could come up. I strongly recommend taking this course with Mitch Lacey."
01 What you will learn
- Foundations of Scrum and Agile – You will learn about the core of Agile and Scrum – principles and values – and how they guide and shape Scrum teams and agile organizations.
- Roles in Scrum – We will explore what it means to be a great Scrum Master, Product Owner and Developer on a Scrum team.
- User Stories – You will learn, and practice, what makes a good user story.
- Story Points & Estimation – You’ll learn what a story point is, plus we’ll look at two estimation methods, affinity estimation & planning poker.
- The Product Backlog – We will explore what comprises a good Product Backlog, techniques for managing it and what happens when it goes unattended.
- Sprinting – Dive deep into the components of a well assembled Sprint Backlog, what it really means to be done, abnormal terminations and how to decide on Sprint length.
- Release Planning – We will explore how to build a release plan and estimate when the work will be delivered.
- Scaling Scrum to the Enterprise – We will look at how companies have successfully scaled Scrum to work in the enterprise.
Mitch is an agile practitioner and trainer. Mitch has been managing projects for over fifteen years & is credited with many plan-driven & agile projects. He is the author of “The Scrum Field Guide”, a book targeting teams adopting Agile and Scrum practices.
TechTalk has a longstanding partnership with Mitch. Those who know us know that we have been working with Mitch as a trainer and conference speaker for over 10 years.
As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP®), Mitch shares his experience in project and client management through Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum courses, agile coaching engagements, conference presentations, blogs & white papers.
03 How it works
The TechTalk Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Training provides you the best of our online Certified Scrum Master and Certified Product Owner classes in an interactive, engaging online format.
- The training classes are structured to maximize learning while offering time for deeper issues that are often overlooked in other training options.
- Live and engaging discussions and team exercises utilizing Zoom, Mural and Mentimeter.
- About three hours of recorded video to watch before the course, allowing for interactive and engaging live sessions, free of put-you-to-sleep lecture.
- Concise, three-to-seven question quizzes after each video module to help you retain what you’ve learned.
- After attending the course you’ll get an electronic copy of the course slides, plus the outputs of all exercises, allowing you to refer to expanded learning materials for years to come.
At course completion, you will be prepared to take the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master exam. Upon passing, you’ll be a Scrum Alliance CSM.
04 TRAINING INTRODUCTION
Milena Krnjic, Training Coordination
Any unanswered questions? I am here to help!
We have 15 years experience in hosting, facilitating, designing trainings for agile practitioners and devs.Send me an email